Whether you are considering moving to Boise, or already live here, there are a number of industries in Boise and its surrounding areas which present a variety of career opportunities.
Boise is the capital city of Idaho, and its most populated city within the state. If you have a desire to become part of the city government team or work in a branch of civil service, one of your first stops should be www.cityofboise.org/
Here's a snapshot of some of the main industries in and around the city:
- Boise Cascade LLC - Has a proven track record in providing nationwide building materials and quality wood products. Sold their newspaper, paper, packaging and transportation businesses in 2008 - now operating as Boise Inc (visit www.boiseinc.com for job openings there)
- WinCo Foods - this is an employee owned company with grocery store locations in various states.
- Idaho Timber (www.idahotimber.com) Boise is home to their headquarters for nationwide sales, manufacture and distribution
- Bodybuilding.com is the world's most visited website for sports nutrition and bodybuilding products. Visit their website for product & company info as well as job opportunities
- Clearwater Analytics' headquarters are in Boise. They boast the title of the world's top Investment Portfolio Reporting Solution.
- Idaho Pacific Lumber Company provides building materials ranging from framing lumber to engineered wood products
- J.R. Simplot Company is one of the world's biggest privately held food and agribusiness companies. Their website is interactive and extremely informative.They deal with animal feeds, food processing, plant nutrition and more. Their motto is "Bringing Earth's Resources to Life"
Moving over to the tech side of employment, those who are so inclined should check out Boise's Microsoft location, Mark Monitor, Crucial.com, Balihoo.com, Mobile Data Force, Wire-stone.com and Sybase.
If you're great with telephone/communications, good news! Boise is home to more than 20 call centers, including DIRECTV, EDS, T-Mobile, WDSGLobal and Teleperformance.
Law enforcement, education and medical career opportunities also exist in Boise. Boise State University and Idaho State University are both located right here in Boise, so whether you'd like to work on one of the campuses or possibly get some more education under your belt in order to switch careers or advance up the ladder, there is ample opportunity. The Morrison Center, on the campus of BSU is considered the premier performing arts center of the state - if you would love to work within the entertainment field, you may wish to investigate the opportunities there.
We may be biased, but we believe Boise is a phenomenal place to work, live, and play. If you're considering purchasing real estate in or near Boise and are seeking employment in the area, it is our hope that this brief overview of career opportunities proves helpful. Happy Hunting & the Best of Luck!