Super Charged Summer Fun in Boise
Following are some more summer activities going on around town:
- Lucky Peak Rock Climbing: Just up the road from the Boise homes in Harris Ranch, and near Lucky Peak Reservoir, is a rock wall popular with climbers interested in practicing their climbing skills. The climbing area is open from June through the Fall.
- Oregon National Historic Trail- Many visitors enjoy exploring the mile section of the Oregon National Historic Trail by car or by foot. Have fun camping, hiking, horseback riding, and taking in the scenic/wildlife view!
- Boise River Guided Float Trips: Float on the Boise River with a licensed outfitter- relax and see the spectacular view from a completely different perspective or take a wild ride downstream!
- Wolf Tracking Expeditions: Participants learn through immersion in this diverse landscape, to discover and follow the tracks and sign of wolves and other wildlife on the edge of the largest designated wilderness area in the United States.Guided by skilled tracking instructors from Wilderness Awareness School, participants learn the skills of a tracker to understand the activities of wolves and their relationships with other parts of the landscape in which they live. An amazing community experience is shared in this expedition where days start and end at a comfortable base camp and evenings are relaxed after an exciting day under the starry skies.The dates for the expeditions are: General Expedition 7/26/010-8/1/10, Teen Expedition 8/1/-8/8/10 & 8/9/10-8/16/10
- Ridge to Rivers Trail System: The breathtaking Boise Foothills rise above Idaho's Capitol and largest city, creating a spectacular and awe-inspiring view. There are 125 miles of interconnected roads and trails winding through these hills, allowing people to explore sites and places they have never seen and offering an adventure for everyone at any age. Some Boise neighborhoods are close enough for residents to grab the bikes and hit the trails starting right from home!
- Come Out to the Free Fishing Day Fish Fest at Park Center Pond! Park Center Pond, a community gathering place, is just east of the Park Center Bridge and is open during the summer from 9:00 am-2:00 pm. The Idaho Department of Fish and Game Fishing Trailer have loaner fishing rods available. A barbecue lunch, various activities, and prizes will be offered!
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: View gorgeous Idaho lands from a unique vantage point, floating in a colorful hot air balloon. There are several hot air balloon companies that offer this unforgettable experience surveying the Boise countryside from high in the sky!