Nature's Greatest Theme Park Yellowstone National Park!!
Yellowstone provides residents and visitors with a spectacular experience any time of the year. It offers many comfortable accommodations while providing numerous opportunities to explore the wilderness.
Some of the popular attractions in Eastern Idaho include:
· Snake River Falls provides an opportunity for a five mile walk along the Snake River. There you can take in the scenic falls.
· Wolf to Woof: The Story of Dogs Exhibition. Here you will learn about the the evolution of the canine species at the Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls. This is one of the best traveling exhibition museums in the state of Idaho.
· The Opal Mines found in Spencer, Idaho. Real opals are mined here. It is know as the Opal Capital of the US.
· The World Class Sand Dunes, part of the St. Anthony, Idaho community, offer adventures an seemingly endless amount of sand. You can explore over 10,000 acres of sand dunes that are almost 15 miles long and 400 feet high.
· At the Farnsworth TV and Pioneer Museum in Rigby, you can learn about Philo Farnsworth, the inventor of television and the history of this life changing invention.
· Yellowstone’s Bear World is located 5 miles south of Rexburg. There you can experience many animals of the wild including: grizzly bears, elk, wolves, and bison.
· The Grand Teton Mountains and Grand Teton National Park offer a spectacular view and magnificent experience to all visitors. They are located in Teton County.
· The Craters of the Moon National Monument is located west of Idaho Falls and provides visitors with the opportunity to experience the landscape of the moon without having to leave planet earth.
· At Yellowstone National Park visitors can discover the first national park of the US. This historic site was established in 1872.
Some of the popular events in Eastern Idaho include:
· The Annual Mesa Falls Marathon in Ashton. This marathon takes place in August
· The Annual Sled Dog Derby in Ashton. This event takes place in February
· Art in the Park in Swan Valley which is scheduled in August
· The Harriman State Park Outdoor Concert Series. These concerts are scheduled in July
· The Idaho International Dance & Music Festival in Rexburg which takes place in July
· The Mountain Brewers Beer Festival in Idaho Falls. This event is scheduled in July