Makeover Your Kitchen On A Tight Budget
Is your kitchen outdated? If so, what can you do about it if your budget is tight? Add a door, change your knobs, up-grade your countertop?
Well, those little changes would surely help out the look some, but there's more to a makeover than just those few things. When you walk into your kitchen, you want to absolutely love it! It truly is the heart of your home.
But we all know how expensive it is to do a makeover. It might seem like an impossible task to you, but there are a few tricks that can save you an enormous amount of money.
Some Money Saving Tips
- Paint the walls a color! Stay away from the mundane white and beige. Give the room some warmth.
- New cabinets: You don't have to remove your cabinets and replace them with new ones. That is very costly if you are working on a budget. You can easily have the drawers and doors refaced with veneer.
- Knobs: Go with something different. The knobs can change the appearance of any cabinet and update them.
- Counter tops: Can't afford granite? How about sanding down your old counters and then placing tile on them? You know...the ones that are attached with netting? It's easy, affordable and depending on the color, it can be outstanding. There are various sizes to choose from and various colors. Try to remember to stay away from bathroom colors. Running the tile up the back-splash makes for a larger more uniformed look.
- Floors: Laminate flooring has come a long way. It's hard to tell if it's hardwood or laminate these days. But anything is better than sticky tile. Most come in long pieces, tongue and groove and are easily installed.
- Flowers: Most of your time is spent in the kitchen. Nothing makes a house a home like flowers and plants. Daisies and other colorful flowers definitely add the perfect touch!
All of the above are perfect suggestions for making over your kitchen on a tight budget. However, most of the cost of anything you add or build will come in the labor. So, why not do it yourself? Include your friends and have a pizza painting party.
The counter-top is as easy as pie and if you feel a little apprehensive about installing it yourself, ask for help. It's not as hard as you think and it's not a monumental project.
The floor may be a little challenge, but it is absolutely doable.
So! Why not get off your duff and remodel the kitchen. You don't have to be a millionaire to perform magic in one of the most important rooms of the house. Abracadabra can be your favorite word!