Top 10 Reasons Why Nampa may be your best move EVER!
Are you considering a move to Nampa? Have you fallen in love with our incredible outdoor lifestyle, friendly community, and outstanding quality of life? Is buying a home in Nampa right now a good idea? Well, it just may be the best time EVER! Here are 10 really good reasons why it can be the best decision you ever made. We actually came up with hundreds but decided to condense the list to just ten.
Top 10 Reasons why Nampa may be your best move ever:
- Affordable Housing. Nampa real estate is more affordable than ever and in many cases, you can own cheaper than you can rent! The median price of Canyon County homes as of the end of 2010 was only $91,000.
- Diverse Housing Options. Nampa homes offer incredible diversity, whether it is a historic home downtown, a gorgeous view home overlooking Lake Lowell and the Owyhee Mountain Range, farm and ranch property, or a starter home in a pleasant newer subdivision, just to name a few options. See Nampa real estate for sale.
- College of Western Idaho. Nampa is home to the first community college in the Treasure Valley.
- Idaho Center. Whether you want to see The Eagles or Tim McGraw in concert, or catch one of the top 10 rodeos in the nation, the Snake River Rodeo, the Idaho Center is the premier events facility located in Northeast Nampa.
- Nampa Shopping. There are incredible shopping opportunities in Nampa! A few short years ago, the only game in town was Karcher Mall, which happened to be the first “mall” in the entire Treasure Valley. Now, Nampa has The Gateway Mall and Nampa Marketplace, both with many impressive big name stores. There is no need to drive anywhere. Nampa has all the shopping stores one would need!
- Easy access to World Class Recreation. You are literally minutes from any type of recreation you can possibly imagine. Lakes, Boise River, Snake River, mountains, hiking and biking trails, greenbelts, you name it you can get there easily from here.
- Nampa’s Weather. Nampa is blessed with an incredible moderate climate. The entire Treasure Valley is known as the “banana belt” where we are shadowed by two mountain ridges and have the benefit of living near snow but don’t have to shovel (at least not a lot) of snow in the winter and enjoy long, warm summers with little humidity.
- Nampa Recreation Center. The city of Nampa owns and operates an incredible state of the art 140,000 square foot recreation center for its residents. The ‘Rec’ center as it is commonly known, offers a wide range of classes including yoga, weight lifting, rock climbing, kayaking, basketball, swimming and just about any fun thing you can think of to do.
- Nampa’s Growing Arts Scene. The Brandt’s Performing Art Center at Northwest Nazarene University is developing a very credible reputation in the arts community and there are numerous festivals and community events through out the year that have put Nampa on the map as a center for the arts.
- Great Place to Live. The cost of living in Nampa low; the cost of living index is 91.5 compared to the national average of 100. Nampa has won several ‘best of’ awards including Money Magazine’s one of Best Places to Live.
There are so many reasons why Nampa is a great place to live. You will enjoy the rural roots in an emerging first-rate city. Homes in Nampa and the overall Nampa real estate market are extremely affordable. Now more than ever, moving to Nampa could be the best move ever!