10 Great Reasons why Meridian Idaho may be the Best Move you ever Made!
Have you thought of moving to Meridian? As the second largest city in Idaho, Meridian is not just a bedroom community to Boise anymore. It is a vibrant, friendly environment where good neighborhoods, parks, and business partnerships are important to the city residents.
10 Reasons why Meridian may be the best move you ever made (in no particular order):
1. City Parks. From Settler's Park to Tully Park to Kleiner Park and more, Meridian has many parks with room to work out, relax, and maybe even do some fishing.
2. Fun Area Attractions. Roaring Springs Water Park and Wahooz Fun Zone are just two area attractions that offer unlimited fun for all ages. There is nothing better than to float down the ‘lazy river’ on a hot July afternoon and let your troubles drift away. Or, for those looking for a little more excitement try the Viper Vortex or Thunder Falls. Wahooz offers year round fun with putt putt golf, laser tag, go-cart racing, and arcade game madness!
3. Downtown. Meridian has a total of 17 city parks and ‘mini’ parks, a gorgeous, new City Hall building, new restaurants, and has been working diligently to make it a more user-friendly core and their hard work is paying off with more great projects in the works.
4. Incredible Housing. Meridian housing offers a diverse and reasonably priced range of options. Whether it is a luxury home in one of Meridian’s amazing subdivisions offering such amenities as swimming pools, parks, hiking and biking trails, or a very affordable 3 bedroom/2 bath starter home in a comfortable neighborhood, or a ten-acre horse property, you will find what you are looking for in Meridian real estate. See Meridian real estate.
5. Growing City and Steady Job Growth. Meridian has been one of the fasted growing cities in Idaho and has doubled the number of businesses and number of people employed in the last decade, according to the Department of Labor.
6. Great Place to Live. Meridian has won numerous accolades and landed on several ‘best cities’ lists in 2010 including Money Magazine’s one of 100 Best Places to Live. Since then, Meridian has only grown in recognition and popularity.
7. The Village at Meridian. This new outdoor shopping center was designed in the European style and now attracts shoppers from all over the Treasure Valley.
8. Higher Education Access. Idaho State University opened its Treasure Valley Campus in 2009 in Meridian and with easy access to Boise State University and College of Western Idaho close by; public college access has improved tremendously to be better prepare Meridian residents for the jobs of today and the future.
9. Interstate 84/Ten Mile Interchange. By summer of 2011, the interchange will open at Ten Mile Rd. This will significantly reduce the bottleneck at Meridian Rd and greatly improve the access to West Meridian homes and businesses.
10. Emphasis on being a Safe Community. Meridian is the “Safest-City-of-our-Size” in Idaho and has emphasized its vibrant neighborhood connections. According to the City of Meridian, the crime rate has decreased by a whopping 45% in the last decade.
The time has never been better to move to Meridian. Meridian real estate prices are very affordable and the quality of life in this vibrant city is second to none. This may be your best move ever!