The town of Priest River sits at the confluence of two rivers, the Priest and Pend Oreille Rivers, on the western end of Bonner County, seventy-five miles south of the Canadian Border and seven miles from the Washington State line. Priest River’s economy is currently driven by the timber and tourism industries. In 1892 Italian laborers came to Priest River in droves to lay ties for the Great Northern Railroad and settled east of town and earning Priest River the title of “Little Italy” until the mid-1950s. The town of Priest River was moved to its current location from Keyser’s Slough after the Pend Oreille River flooded in 1894.
83856-Priest River Real Estate for Sale
|All Listings||Under $100,000|
Register now for 24/7 site access to Priest River, ID MLS listings. Save your searches, bookmark favorite properties, and receive emails with new properties entering the market that match your criteria.
83856 Priest River Idaho Homes and Lifestyle
Age of Homes
There was a housing boom in Priest River before 1939, but a majority of the present houses were built in 1970s. Fewer houses were built after 2005, but options are available for those seeking Idaho real estate in the region.
The estimated median value of a home in Priest River is $181,718. The estimated median household income is $42,055 with median monthly housing costs averaging around $702.
Built in the 1940s, the Ranch Club Golf Course and Restaurant is a favored establishment of Priest River and serves as a place where residents and visitors can practice their game.
The Priest River Timber Day Festival is an annual celebration the last weekend of July and gives tribute to the cities rich heritage. The event features Arts & Crafts and Car shows with community events and celebrations for all ages.
· The Priest Lake Museum offers visitors an opportunity to experience history and heritage.
· Bonner County has two school districts. District #83, more commonly known as Bonner County District serves the Priest River and Priest Lake areas.
· There are a total of seventeen schools in the Priest River area, the top schools being Priest River Elementary and Junior High Schools and Priest River Lamanna High School.
· Albeni Falls Dam offers picnic grounds and an opportunity for viewing the beauty of Priest River and the Pend Oreille.
Neighborhoods and Parks
Anyone should be able to find something to do in the area. With plenty of options and a great atmosphere Priest River is a place to be. Available for your enjoyment is:
· Picnicking at Priest River Park
· Camping, fishing and swimming at the Riley Creek Recreation Area
· Hiking at the Carey Creek Game Management Area
· Fishing in the lakes, rivers, and creeks around Priest River
· Skateboarding at Priest River Skate Park
There are many stores in Priest River and plenty of opportunity for shopping whether it is for groceries, outdoor clothing, or Priest River arts and crafts, giving residents and those seeking Priest River real estate diverse options.
If Priest River is not the place for you, then check out Boise, Meridian, and Eagle homes to find your place in Idaho.
Hughes Real Estate Group team members can provide more detailed market information.
View information and real estate listings in other Idaho Cities.
Contact The Hughes Real Estate Group for more information or to view Idaho homes: (208) 571-7145.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. IMLS does not assume any liability for missing or inaccurate data. Information provided by IMLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Listing information last updated on May 30th, 2017 at 4:52am MDT.