83429-Island Park Real Estate for Sale
83429 Island Park Idaho Homes and Lifestyle
Fremont County, Idaho Real Estate
· The Henry’s Fork of the Snake River is impounded by the Island Park Dam to create the Island Park Reservoir, popular among anglers and boaters.
· The surrounding dense forest and wild flowers make Island Park popular among hikers and fisherman in the summer, and cross country skiers in the winter time.
Age of Homes
· The median resident age of a home in Island Park is 41.6 years, slightly above the state average of 33.2 years.
· The housing boom of Island Park was in the decade between 1970 and 1979. Fewer houses were built after 2005.
· The median value of a home in Island Park is $173,445.
· The median household income is $39,824 with a cost of living index at 86.3, slightly less than the U.S. average of 100.
· The Fremont County Joint School District offers quality education at Ashton, Teton, Henry’s Fork, and Parker-Egin Elementary Schools, South Fremont Junior High, and North and South Fremont High Schools.
· Golfers in Island Park can practice their game at the Island Park Village Resort Golf Course.
· The Island Park News is the community’s newspaper and informs residents and visitors about what is going on in the area.
· There are plenty of activities to appease every avid outdoors-man.
· Formed by Island Park Dam, the Island Park Reservoir is a chief feature of the Minidoka Project offering world-class angling year round for rainbow and cutthroat trout, coho salmon, yellow perch, and bluegill.
· The Fremont area has mountains and forests and a variety of lakes for those that love outdoor recreation, hiking and camping.
· Targhee Creek is a great place to study Idaho wildlife like grizzlies, black bears, moose, elk and bighorn sheep.
· Snake River, Henry’s Fork is number one in the nation for rainbow trout.
Neighborhoods and Parks
· Harriman State Park offers opportunities for camping, fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding and cross country skiing, activities for every outdoor enthusiast.
· The beauty of Yellowstone National Park is not far away.
· Established in 1908 Eagle’s Store offers jewelry, clothing and adventure gear.
· Market Place is a full service supermarket.
· Smith & Chandler offers unique Yellowstone gifts.
· Island Park also offers a Rustic Candy Shop and a Radio Shack
Hughes Real Estate Group team members can provide more detailed market information.
View information and real estate listings in other Idaho cities.
Contact The Hughes Real Estate Group for more information or to view Idaho homes: (208) 571-7145.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. IMLS does not assume any liability for missing or inaccurate data. Information provided by IMLS is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Listing information last updated on April 30th, 2017 at 11:52pm MDT.