Landscaping tips and hints for springPosted by Kevin Hughes on Monday, February 11th, 2013 at 10:28am.
When you make your new home, you’ll have so many decorations and things to think about to make your home beautiful. One of the most important parts of putting your house together is going to be landscaping your yard – it’s the first thing your neighbors and visitors will see, and speaks volumes about the rest of your home.
Your new backyard can be a great place to entertain and spend time during beautiful summer evenings. If you don’t feel that your backyard is the way you want it, a backyard renovation may help create the perfect space. Landscaping can create an atmosphere and environment that you can enjoy for years. Here are some ideas and things to consider when designing your new backyard:
- How extensive is the landscaping project going to be? Are you looking at adding a garden or new flowerbeds, or are you planning to completely renovate your whole backyard?
- What is your budget?
- What are the key elements you would like to have in your new yard? Are you interested in features like rock paths, ponds and water features, or specific plants or flowers?
- How much maintenance are you planning to put into your yard work each week?
- What is your time frame?
- Who is going to be doing the work?
Here are some great ways to spruce up the backyard for the summer season.
- Koi ponds and water features can be a cool, trendy addition to your backyard. They can create the soothing sound of a babbling brook to help you unwind in the evenings.
- Rock paths and patios can help break up the area of your yard to give it some depth and interest, as well as providing a defining area for patio sets and flowerbeds.
- Wood fencing and decks will help with the aesthetics of your yard as well as providing privacy and a defining space you can make your own.
- Rock gardens are a relatively maintenance free way to spruce up those areas you don’t know what to do with; you can also have fun picking out types of rocks to make your yard your own.
- Vegetable gardens are great because they give you a reason to get outside and spend time in your yard. Additionally, they provide you with fresh produce to share with friends and neighbors, giving you an economic way to make fresh new recipes during summer and harvest time.
Idaho is a great place to enjoy the outdoors, whether lakeside, mountaintop, or even in your backyard. This spring focus on making your own outdoor space your personal haven!Kevin Hughes